School Learning Plan
Aloha-Huber Park K-8
After fourteen years of consistent administration, AHP has clear systems and effective implementation. The schoolwide systems that we have developed and sustained are aligned to give us similar and predictable student-outcomes every year. These systems were developed from a deep understanding of the critical antecedents needed for sustained school success.
Our instructional model begins with how we focus our adult actions and how we govern our instructional time. Our Mission Statement and our Seven Guiding Principles clarify expectations for adult behavior, guide decision-making, and drive our school's culture. This is important as our school's culture drives our students' success.
Our collaboration model assures that all teachers' voices, actions, and expertise align to meet students’ academic and social-emotional needs. Our approach to learning has proven to be highly successful and predictable for minority students and students with low socio-economic status.
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.